Bustin' Out of Breast Cancer
New Episodes release Wednesdays at 7:00 am EST
EP 141-Straight Talk About Suicide & Self-Improvement
September is Suicide Prevention & Self-Improvement Month and I want to bring awareness to them both because I feel they go hand in hand.
No one should have to battle depression or their breast cancer journey alone.
I have heard far too many breast cancer survivors talk about having depression and even thoughts of suicide and it breaks my heart.
I focus on The S.M.I.L.E. Method because it helps. Simply Making Individual Lifestyle Enhancements is about Self-Improvement. Becoming a better version of yourself each and every day is work, which turns into a reward because you feel better, look better, and show up each day better!
You deserve that! Start today by taking the first step...literally, get your body moving!
Important topics in this episode:
● 3 tips to get started with self-improvement
● The importance of checking in with friends and family. You never know if they need it.
● Know you're not alone
● A reminder of episode 128 with Teresa Alesch and she talks about her suicide attempt during her breast cancer journey
Hey, let's stay in touch:
Be the first to get the latest podcast, blogs, news, and specials by signing up for my newsletter:
● Head over to my website www.shannonburrows.com
Join our Breast Cancer Health & Wellness Private Facebook Group
● Are you a survivor, thriver, or caregiver? Come join our PRIVATE Free Facebook Group
Where do you like to hang out on social media? Come find me and let's get to know each other.
● Follow me on Instagram (and then send me a DM and say Hi:)
● Follow me on Facebook (and then send me a DM to say Hi:)